Let’s get smarter on the way we use water. This will help you save on your water and power bill and protect your plumbing system.
The first step is to look at the technology in your home. There are now water efficient showerheads, taps, toilets, washing machines and dishwashers that can dramatically reduce your water usage over time. Rainwater tanks can reduce your dependence on town water and grey water systems can help you to save fresh water for essential purposes, while used water can be diverted for watering the garden. As experienced plumbers we can help advise you on the best and most affordable technology for saving water in the home.
While water saving technology is great, it’s of little use if your behaviour is still wasteful.
Here are some tips to follow around the house.
In the kitchen:
- Avoid rising dishes before you put them in the dishwasher. Just scrape food scraps into a compost bin or garbage and get your dishes into the dishwaster.
- Plug your sink rather than leaving the water running as you wash.
- Load the dishwasher fully before using.
In the laundry:
- Only wash when you have a full load.
- Use the shortest cycle on your machine.
- Use recycled water from your laundry
In the bathroom:
- Take shorter showers.
- Fix leaks as soon as possible.
By following these tips, you can significantly cut your water usage and costs.
Call us today to find out more about installing water saving technology in your home or business.